Chemical processes can be really “hot-n-cold” sometimes! With the ''Thermal effects'' set by MEL Science, you’ll observe how some compounds react so vigorously that the heat they release melts their container, while others cause the temperature to plunge just by dissolving in ordinary water. You will also see how the lightest touch can turn a cold liquid into hot crystals in the blink of an eye!
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- crumple a bottle with the heat of a chemical reaction
- compare the thermal effects of the dissolution of different substances
- make a liquid crystallize in a few seconds
You will learn:
- what the thermal effects of reactions can be
- that chemical processes can either release or absorb heat
- what supercooled liquid is
What's inside the "Thermal effects" set?
Recommended by parents
My son and hubby are closer than ever since my husband doesn’t usually get much of a chance to help our son with school work. This helps them both enjoy their love of science together.
Best birthday gift ever! The VR part is totally mind blowing. The app contributes a lot to the fun and learning, but you can still keep it screen free doing just these science subscription boxes.
A great way to incorporate real science into homeschool — as close as having a science lab as you can get at home. Safe and clean to keep parents calm and so much fun learning for the kids!