What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word “crystal”? Enthralling, faceted stones, right? Grow some of your own with the “Crystals” set by MEL Science! Enjoy the geometry of crystals grown from solutions of copper sulfate and potassium ferricyanide, admire frosty urea patterns, and learn what pyrite consists of!
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- grow beautiful crystals from solutions of copper sulfate and potassium ferricyanide
- “freeze” a Petri dish with urea crystals
- dissolve pyrite and learn about its chemical structure
You will learn:
- how salt crystals grow from a solution
- what causes a substance to transition from one state to another
- about pyrite’s properties
What’s a MEL Science subscription?
100+ hands-on science projects
50+ unique digital experiences
Loved by parents
"We love MEL Science. I’ve homeschooled for 10 years and these are just what we needed. Easy, fun, and the kids love to do them."
"We love how easy it is to follow the experiments step-by-step using my cellphone. MEL Science experiments assure that our son has experience using lab equipment and chemicals. I highly recommend MEL Science kits!"
"My kids love the unique projects and the variety of choices. We’ve tried STEM, Physics, and Chemistry, and each one has been a hit."