Thymol blue, solution 0.01 M
- Molecular formula:
- Chemical compound:
- thymol blue
- Common name:
C27H30O5S – thymol blue – consists of green crystals that are poorly soluble in water. It is used to determine the acidity or basicity of solutions. Its color depends on its surroundings: it is blue in an alkaline medium, green in a slightly alkaline medium, and yellow in a neutral medium. Further, it is red in a slightly acidic medium, and magenta in a strongly acidic environment. It can serve as a component in universal indicators – strips of paper impregnated with an indicator solution or a mixture of indicators.
- Thymol blue
- Thymol blue water soluble, solution 0.01 M
- Thymol blue, solution 0 M
- Thymol blue, solution 0.001 M
- Thymol blue, solution 0.005 M
- Thymol blue, solution 0.01 M
Experiments with similar reagents
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.