Potassium iodide, solution 2 M
- Molecular formula:
- Chemical compound:
- potassium iodide
- Common name:
KI – potassium iodide – is a colorless crystalline solid. It yellows in air as it reacts with oxygen and free iodine is released. It is prescribed in tablet or pill form to treat a lack of iodine in the body, and occasionally to protect the thyroid gland. It can be added to table salt to prevent iodine deficiency. Likewise, rice, flour, and other food items enriched with potassium iodide have been made available in some countries. Potassium iodide is sometimes used to prepare light-sensitive materials in photography.
- Potassium iodide
- Potassium iodide, solution 20 %
- Potassium iodide, solution 0.05 M
- Potassium iodide, solution 0.1 M
- Potassium iodide, solution 1 M
- Potassium iodide, solution 50 %
- Potassium iodide, solution 5 %
Experiments with similar reagents
- Causes damage to organs (Thyroid) through prolonged or repeated exposure if swallowed.
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
- Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell.