Chemical processes can be really “hot-n-cold” sometimes! With the ''Thermal effects'' set by MEL Science, you’ll observe how some compounds react so vigorously that the heat they release melts their container, while others cause the temperature to plunge just by dissolving in ordinary water. You will also see how the lightest touch can turn a cold liquid into hot crystals in the blink of an eye!
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- crumple a bottle with the heat of a chemical reaction
- compare the thermal effects of the dissolution of different substances
- make a liquid crystallize in a few seconds
You will learn:
- what the thermal effects of reactions can be
- that chemical processes can either release or absorb heat
- what supercooled liquid is
What's inside the "Thermal effects" set?
What’s a MEL Science subscription?
100+ hands-on science projects
50+ unique digital experiences
Loved by parents
"We love MEL Science. I’ve homeschooled for 10 years and these are just what we needed. Easy, fun, and the kids love to do them."
"We love how easy it is to follow the experiments step-by-step using my cellphone. MEL Science experiments assure that our son has experience using lab equipment and chemicals. I highly recommend MEL Science kits!"
"My kids love the unique projects and the variety of choices. We’ve tried STEM, Physics, and Chemistry, and each one has been a hit."