When browsing the internet on your smartphone, you’re likely enjoying the work of polarizers. But what exactly are polarizers, and how do they function? What do they do to light? What is light, anyway? Explore the nature of light and its interactions with the "Crystal Screen" set by MEL Science! Construct your own screen, and learn how polarizers work with 3D visuals in the AR app.
- assemble a model of an LCD screen;
- observe how light changes when passing through a transparent object;
- create a colorful image visible only through their screen!
- about the nature of light;
- what a polarizer is and how it works;
- where polarizers are used in everyday life!