- Molecular formula:
- Chemical compound:
- sodium chloride
- Common name:
NaCl, or sodium chloride, is a well-known substance. Indeed, it is ordinary table salt (yet purified especially for the food industry). It is also widely used as road salt - for the de-icing and pre-treatment of roads during winter. The mechanism is rather complicated, but essentially, salt prevents snow/ice from bonding with the road's surface. However, it stops working when the temperature falls below −10oC (14o F).
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium chloride, solution 0.1 M
- Sodium chloride, solution 0.5 M
- Sodium chloride, solution 1 M
- Sodium chloride, solution 24 %
- Sodium chloride, solution 2 M
- Sodium chloride, solution 4 M
Experiments with similar reagents
This reagent is considered nonhazardous according to GHS classifications. Treat all reagents with caution.