A study in ultraviolet
Look beyond the visible spectrum with the new "Study in Ultraviolet" set by MEL Science!
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- Prepare a luminescent solution
- Extract chlorophyll from green leaves and make it glow red
- Dim a glowing flask using acid
You will learn:
- How can green leaf pigment become red
- Can one turn the lights off using acid
- How to synthesize a glow-in-the-the dark solution?
What's inside the "A study in ultraviolet" set?
What’s a MEL Science subscription?
100+ hands-on science projects
50+ unique digital experiences
Loved by parents
"We love MEL Science. I’ve homeschooled for 10 years and these are just what we needed. Easy, fun, and the kids love to do them."
"We love how easy it is to follow the experiments step-by-step using my cellphone. MEL Science experiments assure that our son has experience using lab equipment and chemicals. I highly recommend MEL Science kits!"
"My kids love the unique projects and the variety of choices. We’ve tried STEM, Physics, and Chemistry, and each one has been a hit."