How it works
Simply enter your address and payment information and you are in. You can cancel your subscription at any moment.
After you subscribe, you will receive the Starter Kit, which includes the main equipment and the first two experiment sets.
Get two new experiment sets every month
Each month, you will receive two sets with amazing experiments!
Do science on the weekend
You can open a new set twice a month. Performing these experiments with your family will become the best part of your weekend!
What is the Starter Kit?
The Starter Kit includes the main chemistry equipment you will need to do the experiments.
What’s inside a box?
Each of the 38 sets contains a series of experiments on a certain topic. The sets also contain almost everything you will need to perform each experiment:
- Additional equipment
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- Links to the video instructions
True science, with educational value
Want to determine what educational benefits your children are receiving from doing our experiments? You can assess your child’s learning progress using our regular quizzes.
Just 1 hour
You could spend just 60 minutes twice a month enjoying science with your child. However, your child could also choose to spend much more time using our app and website to study more interesting science facts.
- The graphic instructions are so detailed that your children will be able to do the experiments easily.
- All experiments are performed using practical single-use lab ware.
- The reactions have been verified. All of the experiments will work.
- Sets comply to European regulation EN 71-4 on safety of experiments sets.
- Every experiment set has been tested by schoolchildren aged 12+.
- We will not send you any experiments that involve explosives.
Amazing chemistry experiments to do with your family
App to study chemistry
Frequently Asked Questions
Each month there are two new topics; the experiment sets this month include experiments illustrating these topics. Everyone will receive the same sets each month. You can check the full calendar of topics for the entire year to see what sets you will receive each month. The topics are looped so that the start date of your subscription does not matter; you will eventually receive all 38 experiment sets.
A monthly package of two boxes costs $49.90 or £38.90. These prices include free shipping. Your card is charged for the monthly sets several days before delivery. Starter kit and a reagent pack come free.
Yes, it is. We have made every effort to ensure that our experiments are as safe as possible:
- In the EU there is a special list of substances that are allowed in children’s chemistry sets (EN 71-4). We only use substances from this list.
- None of the experiments include explosions.
- We identified the safest way to carry out each experiment.
- All experiments have been tested in schools and/or in after-school clubs.
- Each experiment includes very detailed, visual step-by-step instructions.
- There is an instructional video for each experiment.
12 years old or older
There are two options:
Order one subscription and create several child accounts on your profile. You will still receive only one box, but your children will be able to use their own individual accounts to answer questions, upload videos, etc. Most of the weekly chemistry boxes contain enough reagents for two repeats of each experiment.
Order several subscriptions, so that each child gets his/her own box. Right now you will have to create several accounts for that.
Currently there is no such option.
Each experiment set includes enough reagents to repeat each experiment at least two times. Right now, it is not possible to order more reagents from us. But you can always buy reagents from online stores.
All the experiment sets include enough reagents for at least two repeats of each included experiment.
You can cancel your subscription at any time, in one click from your profile. You can also reactivate your subscription at any time, you will not be billed again for the Starter kit.
No, you do not need to pay anything additional for shipping. The shipping cost is included in the subscription price.
We charge you each month when the experiment sets are ready to be sent. There is no prepayment option.
You can, but you need to create a separate account for that. There can be only one shipment address associated with each MEL Science account.
Our subscription is limited to the following countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, and Russia.
Right now MEL Science is limited to individuals. Please contact us and we will let you know when we are ready to start working with schools.