“Piranha” mixture vs. a flower
This mixture dissolves a flower without a trace!
We’d like to show you one of the most dangerous mixtures in the world – the “piranha” mixture! It eats through almost all organic matter. It has no feeling for beauty, and doesn’t even spare flowers.
Reagents and equipment:
- concentrated sulfuric acid;
- concentrated hydrogen peroxide;
- plastic rod.
Pour hydrogen peroxide into the beaker, and then carefully add concentrated sulfuric acid. The “piranha mixture” is ready. Then lower the flower into the beaker. The petals immediately carbonize and dissolve in the mixture.
The mixture of concentrated sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide is called the “piranha”. It’s one of the strongest oxidizing mixtures in the world. It eats through almost all organic matter. Sulfuric acid oxidizes the dietary fibers, proteins and other substances in the flower, turning them into carbon, while hydrogen peroxide oxidizes carbon to carbon dioxide. If you’re allergic to flowers, then the “piranha” mixture will come in handy! :)
When working with concentrated sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide, wear protective gloves, mask and glasses, and a lab coat. The mixture is very dangerous and can leave burns on the skin and clothes.