Why do dentists need accurate 3D models of your teeth known as ‘dental casts’? Dental models are created when dentists need to study the size and relationship of teeth, gums, and dental arches. They are also used to create braces, whitening trays, dentures, overnight protectors, fixed bridges, and regular dental crowns.
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- interpret panoramic x-rays of teeth
- create jaw impressions from alginate mass and from silicone
- make a plaster cast of the jaw
You will learn:
- how dental implants are made
- how to distinguish caries from fillings on an x-ray
- why dental impressions are made from different materials