In movies or TV shows that even briefly involve a hospital, you can see an ECG monitor showing the electrical activity of the heart. But what these spikes really mean and how to decipher them is usually only known to real doctors. Let’s fix this.
Get this set
This set and 70+ others are included in the MEL Science subscription. Subscribe to MEL Science to get a new science set every month.
- take your own electrocardiogram with the help of an ECG device
- identify the electrocardiogram of a person suffering a heart attack
- decipher several cardiograms using an ECG ruler
You will learn:
- how to properly attach electrodes
- what the spikes on the cardiogram are and what they mean
- how to decode an ECG