- Molecular formula:
- CuSO4 · 5H2O
- Chemical compound:
- copper (II) sulfate
- Other names:
- copper (II) sulphate , cupric sulfate, blue vitriol (pentahydrate), bluestone (pentahydrate), bonattite (trihydrate mineral), boothite (heptahydrate mineral), chalcanthite (pentahydrate mineral), chalcocyanite (mineral)
Experiments with similar reagents
Hazard information warning
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Causes skin irritation.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].